Wednesday 18 May 2016

OUIL603 Studio Brief 2 - Secret 7 Boards


I really enjoyed this brief because it was so open, I could do whatever I wanted with it and just make some really nice imagery. I was still responding to the songs and taking into account what they were about and tried to communicate that within my illustrations. I was really happy with the work I made, I was making them during and just after CoP so it was a nice break from the heavy dissertation work, which is why I think they worked so well, because I could be quite free with them. I managed to get one design into Secret 7 which I was really happy about - it isn't the best exposure but it is good thing to be a part of, and is something that a lot of other well known artists and illustrators contribute to - so the fact that I am exhibiting alongside them is exciting. I feel like I could have pushed the project further after I had finished the designs, like turn them into proper record covers or into some sort of campaign for the songs. I was wanting to make an animation with the orange and blue designs, with the boat floating through them, but I ran out of time - but it is something I could still carry out after the deadline. Even though I didn't push the project very far, I think I have come out of it with 7 strong designs for my portfolio, designs which could apply to a range of areas in illustration - editorial, publishing, surface pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment