Tuesday 17 May 2016

extra products

Initially I was wanting to do a big pack of products, a lot more than I have done but due to time constraints and everything taking longer than I thought it would, I have had to mock some up and not carry out some ideas. I thought the timeline, book, info cards were necessary to the pack, and needed to be printed in order to view and appreciate them properly. I was wanting to make an animation but I didn't have enough time at all to even mock that up, but I did have time to mock up the interactive map and activity sheets. 


I made it simple and graphic with bold silhouettes for the dinosaurs. I kept the map just to colour coded continents rather than countries, as that would make it too complicated - and I wouldn't have been able to carry it out well in the time left. I think it looks good mocked up with the dinos placed on the map - it makes me wish I had printed it all out! 


I also mocked up some activity sheets:
 I chose games like 'match the print to the dinosaur' and 'name the dinosaur'. I think activity sheets are important as they help the children to process all the information they have taken in from the pack - like remembering complicated spelling. The map is important as it get the kids to remember facts about the dinosaurs like where they are from as well as learning more about geography and where all the continents are - which is more important in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment