Friday 6 May 2016

patterns

I wanted to make a dinosaur themed pattern which will be applied to some of my products - possibly the back of the timeline, the inside pages of the books, possible wallpaper designs etc. I just used imagery I already had but blocked it out into one colour silhouette.



Initially I made it using one of my purple textures I have used quite a lot within my dino project, I thought it looked quite good against the white




I wanted to add a background colour but against another texture the whole design got a bit lost and looked messy. So I tired a block colour but then the textured pattern still didn't fit right



So I used block colour for both elements which I think works really well - it is quite subtle pattern but with a lot going on. It was only after I did this that I noticed the empty spaces where the pattern wasn't consistent enough (just above the Ankylosaurus' tail). So I had to keep going back and editing it - as I can only really notice it once it has been tiled like this  - it isn't obvious on the initial pattern square. 



This is the final pattern, it is much more consistent and equal - each dinosaur has its own line. The colours are quite dark but I want them to be for the timeline, I don't want them to distract from the main imagery. But if I am to use it again in this project I might think about a brighter colour scheme, depending on the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment