Tuesday 17 May 2016

finished book


I finally finished the book! It took a lot longer than I thought it would - there was no way I would have been able to make two different books which is a shame. I am really pleased with how this one turned out though, it is quite different to how I usually work, as I was having to directly illustrate the information I was giving which I found quite challenging. I wanted it to be simple, and it ended up looking unite info-graphic-like which is interesting. There were some bits I was really pleased with: 




These are just little bits of the book design work I thought worked well - like the layout of the type around the world, or the simple graphic imagery communicating the text which I thought were well executed.



I added this to make the book more personal to the child who owns it - it makes the whole pack more interactive if the kids can write in it and properly own the products. 



The books printed out well, all the colours came out right, nothing was mis-aligned which is a relief. I printed out two because I want to give one to my little brothers who I think will enjoy this pack. 

I really wanted to make the two books because I thought they would have looked good together - maybe I'll make it after we have handed in, just for the website. But in the mean time I have mocked up the second cover. I couldn't find a good mock up online, so I just made my own with some plain paper which worked out better than I thought:




I am pleased with how these work - the two colour schemes work well together, the second book would have been a nice addition to the pack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment