Monday 29 February 2016

penguin cover submission

It took me ages to decide but I finally submitted my designs for a clockwork orange and emil and the detectives. I think I was having such a difficult time because I really liked both designs for different reasons - the eye one was more of a concept and motif, there was more of a reason behind the design than the figure, but I preferred the aesthetic of the figure and felt it reflected the creepy, weird a sect of the book and was more exciting as a cover. 
But in the end I went with the figure design - I felt it would stand out more than the eye as it is quite different and bold as it is so simple. I think my designs for the adult and children's book are both strong - much better than my submission last year, I've thought about type and layout much more and I think it has paid off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment