Monday 22 February 2016

tutorial

The tutorial with Ben was also really useful for my Clockwork Orange brief. The main points I got were:
- have moved on a lot since last tutorial
- the three he thought were the strongest were:




- he didn't think the eye designs were too '1984', and the singular eye got rid of that similarity
- he thought the singular eye was the best one, I'm not completely sure yet but he did mentioned that it does have a similar aesthetic to the Penguin Classic books (with the plain background and singular black and colour image, often orange) such as these:


- the judges could be more likely to go for the eye one if it is similar to their classic books, as a clockwork orange is a classic book. Although the designs that usually win don't often look like penguin classics. I am unsure of which to choose now - it is between the singular eye and the figures, I will put all three in my portfolio/on my website but I can't decide on which to enter for the competition. 
I am doing inner illustrations as well, so if I do use the eye as the cover, I could use the good composition of figures for a scene within the book? I will have a play around with the eye - possibly play with scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment