Wednesday 24 February 2016

t-rex

I tried out making a dinosaur digitally to see if the aesthetic is much different than the handmade cut outs - as I think the final product will be made digitally
I am pleased with how it turned out - I went for the traditional t-rex against the rumoured feathered t-rex, I thought this could make an interesting composition for a double page spread in the book. I wanted to play with scale - having only a pat of them on the page will make them look bigger, especially if it takes up most of the page.
I think the colours have worked well, I want to have fun with it at the moment, try out lots of different colours/textures, then think more about colour palettes later after seeing what works. 
It is much flatter digitally, but also much cleaner and easier to do detail - once I have added background layers it will be less flat. 
I'm not sure how well the feathers on the t-rex worked, it doesn't look right but it's a start - maybe if the feathers were more straggly and stringy it might fit better?

No comments:

Post a Comment