Monday 3 November 2014

preparation for dragonframe workshop


I wanted to keep using the symbol of the windmill but I thought I should add in some background details to make the stop motion more interesting.
I put a factory in the background because Orwell went to visit factories for his writings on the working class in Britain. I planned to nave smoke continuously flowing out of the chimneys and the windmill turning round.

I didn't really like the look and colour scheme of this composition, so I changed the windmill and factory to both being grey and just have the grass and vane of the windmill in a dirty yellow, this way the colour scheme is a lot more coherent.
I also added some planes to be flying across in the background, possibly dropping bombs, to symbolise the theme of war throughout his writings.

I have an app on my phone - iMotion, where I can do a quick, simple stop motion. So I tried it out so I would have an idea of what it would look like:

IMG 4754 from Astrid Weguelin on Vimeo.
It is very rough and doesn't run very smoothly but I am pleased with the aesthetic of it, but I think I might re-do the smoke so it is just flowing upwards, or mix it about a bit more. Also make the planes fly further apart and for longer - I did this at about 13 frames but I think it would work better at about 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment