Tuesday 4 November 2014

etching research

I looked through Pinterest for contemporary etching processes and etching using collage:



I really like the ones that are quite scratchy and dark, they feel quite gritty and worked into which is the aesthetic I want from my etchings. I love the use of collage on some of the examples, the textures show through really nicely, so I definitely want to try incorporate collage and then maybe etch in some lines over the top. 
I have my etching workshop in a few days and we have to bring in something to work from; I did this quick drawing with a bit of collage in it:


I think the textures will look good with this, where the ink bleeds into the edges of the paper, but because it would be a photo etching it might be better if the windmill was an actual photograph and it had more photography imagery in it. So I might do it again but try with photographs instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment