Wednesday 5 November 2014

responsive brief

In a group we came up with a list of things that we want to get out of this responsive brief:
  • gain a better understanding of quality and what is professional in the illustration community
  • learning how illustration can be used in the environment outside of college, and outside of just working onto paper; for example, on shop windows
  • getting feedback from professionals that will really help improve my work
  • being able to find a brief, and then create a whole body of work for it mostly on my own, gain a lot more independence in my work
  • learning how to select briefs that are appropriate to me and my way of working
  • being able to work quickly to produce a decent body of work, as some of the competitions don't allow for a lot of time
  • networking; start communicating with other illustrators outside of college, learning more about illustration as a career
  • learn to push myself out of my comfort zone so that I am not just doing things I know I will do okay at, try out something I have never considered before
  • considering format more; where I'm not just working for a sheet of paper, but maybe some sort of packaging or a book cover, something I'm not used to
  • get feedback from professionals, it's great getting feedback from peers and tutors but possibly having the chance to get feedback from professionals in the illustration/design field could give some alternative insight I haven't heard

No comments:

Post a Comment