Tuesday 17 February 2015

secret 7 - rolling stones

I chose a more muted colour for my desert rocks


I makes it blend in better wit the surroundings, I've also added the rest of the floor to fill up the space between the rocks and trees. And to add depth, I've layered the rocks with different shades behind each other to look like there are more continuing past the first rocks visible. 

I then had an issue of what sky to use as a found a couple which I liked, one being the one I used for my PPP image which worked well for that composition.



But for this I feel the first sky works the best, it doesn't take too much attention and is more harmonious with the rest of the image. 

I didn't know whether the car was really that necessary, so I tried without


I think it is needed, as it makes the image into more of a narrative which can be effective for an album cover - it gives it more of a purpose, as if the image is depicting some sort of journey through this landscape. 

I think the image is pretty much finished, it just needs some tweaking in some areas to make sure it looks more grounded. But I am pleased with how it has turned out and think it does kind of relate to the song through how I responded to listening to it, although it may be a bit abstract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment