Thursday 26 February 2015

peer evaluation

We had a peer evaluation of the work we have done so far and of our first draft of our project proposal. Here is the feedback I got:
- very clear proposal which has an achievable aim
- I have identified he strong and iconic imagery within the book which will allow for a lot of scope
- the ink pad figures with collage and cut out shapes work really well
- development of imagery onto further products sounds good but should maybe do some more specific research into what other relevant product applications there are to my project
- my contextual references are positively influencing my sketchbook work
- for further inspiration for visual aspects I could research into how the theatre productions of lord of the flies have depicted the story as they might have an interesting take on the visual aesthetic which I haven't considered.

We also did a separate evaluation of our proposal against the module aims:
Knowledge and Understanding - Critical Awareness
- I have looked into the themes surrounding the book and have begun developing imagery accordingly
- I have considered the range in audiences

Knowledge and Understanding - Research
- I have researched into where I can take the imagery from my book illustrations into further products
- I have considered the possibility of 3D illustration in order to make the imagery for the book (making a set to then photograph) and have researched into practitioners who work in that way

Cognitive Skills - Problem Analysis, Problem Solving
- Have considered the context in which the book will be seen and how to make the imagery appropriate for the audience

Practical Skills - Practical and Conceptual Development
- Have started developing imagery relating to themes and motifs in the book
- Considering the possibility of experimenting with 3D work

Practical Skills - Visual Quality and Technical Competence
- I am proposing to make a professional looking book cover and inside illustrations, which will all be packaged, to be my main product
- I then have the possibility of transferring elements of imagery into further related products

Key Transferable Skills - Presentation and Evaluation
- Have already made a good start on visualising imagery, and am considering production methods now so that I can plan my time accordingly (print room drop ins etc. )

No comments:

Post a Comment