Monday 9 February 2015

OUIL505 - Applied Illustration

I've chosen 'Publishing and Book Design' for my category, I love working from text and really enjoyed the George Orwell project I did for Process and Production. I like being able to really explore all the themes and ideas in a book and then finding a way to depict it.
I'm not quite sure what I want to do for this project yet, I was also thinking about possibly illustrating a recipe book as that would be a change from what I usually do. 
I think I will probably end up doing book covers or book illustrations, it is a real skill to be able to sum up the main concept or theme of a book into one image for the cover - the cover is the most important part as it is what draws readers in. This is a skill I would like to develop - creating simple yet conceptually strong imagery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment