Friday 16 January 2015

secret 7

I've decided to take on secret 7 as one of my individual practise briefs. The challenge is to take one of the well known songs given and make an album cover for it without mentioning the song name or singer. The winning covers will be displayed and sold in an exhibition, the buyers won't know the song choice until they have bought the cover, and all the money goes to charity. So it is an exciting brief to be involved in. But to make it a substantial brief for the project I will have to create an outcome for several of the songs, do several designs for the same song or develop the imagery for a song into further products. 

So far I have chosen:
The Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers
Underworld - Born Slippy
Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections

I've started a Pinterest board based around album covers I like to start getting some ideas - to see how far the covers actually relate to the song or band or whether they are just nice imagery. 


I like the covers which are quite abstract and dreamlike or have used collage, so I will start thinking how I can use this in my designs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment