Sunday 18 January 2015

moving pictures

The finished animation along with sound


george orwell animation from Astrid Weguelin on Vimeo.

I am pleased with how it turned out, I think the textures and colour scheme work really well and add to the gloomy feel I wanted to achieve. Also the size of the structures in comparison to the small figures gives the imposing feeling that I found to be an important intangible theme in the book. I think the sound works well with the sequence as well; the low droning is repetitive which is what I wanted as it links to the figures following each other in a mindless, repetitive manner like in 1984, also how it gets louder to a sound that is quite uncomfortable to listen to adds to the ominous feeling I wanted to create. 

After I rendered and exported the sequence it seems to run a bit faster than I had wanted, so in parts - like when walking past the posters, it isn't very clear what they say, this is also because it gets quite dark. I also think the movement of the eye could be made slower to give it more of a feeling of suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment