Tuesday 10 December 2013

visual research

Drawings from my visits



Observational drawings of the fish mongers. Like the simplicity of the first one, with the contrast in line thickness which makes some bits heavier - like the figures.







Really enjoyed exploring the fish scales, it enabled me to experiment with a lot of different materials









Think the contrast of the black background and the bright blue works really well, trying to capture the electric look of the scales. I tried using netting to communicate the scale pattern but I don't think it works very well, and distracts from the nice watercolour work underneath.





Tried creating a scale pattern from splattering ink in layers but it didn't come out too well. But I do like the texture above it, where I painted white acrylic over netting and let it dry and then painted watercolour over, it created quite a scaly texture, and the colours work well with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment