Sunday 1 December 2013

research analysis - Find a Seat

PHOTOGRAPHS AND FOUND EPHEMERA

what I found interesting:
 - the lost toy, I think this could be a good starting point for a story, how the toy got lost, its journey to get to here or where it'll go next. 
- the reflections in the water of the canal, creates a different way to look at things
 - taking photos from lots of different perspectives, makes it look like something completely different in some cases
- patterns, especially the wallpapers and ceiling in the gallery, could be a starting point for a exploration of patterns
- portrait of Arthur the fisherman

what pieces suprised me:
- the ephemera and photos were what I expected, at the canal the ephemera was mostly leaves and litter, at my other two seats it was mostly leaflets, so not very interesting
- as I wasn't allowed to take photos of the artwork at the gallery I thought the photos would be quite limited, but I am pleased with what I did take, got some interesting viewpoints of ordinarily quite boring things

what seemed obvious or cliched:
- the litter and alcohol remains at the canal
- the leaflets

how I reacted to my research:
- found it funny how people reacted to me carrying out my research
- enjoyed spying on people with my camera, following their journeys
- enjoyed concentrating on one thing; like the patterns of the sea gulls

what I would like to see more of:
- patterns
- different perspectives
- portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment