Tuesday 17 December 2013

observed drawing

We did a session of continual drawing for 3 hours, drawing the same subject various times with different materials, I drew a knotted coat...






These have been done as sequential set, each looking at a different area. As the subject was quite difficult to depict, I found I was using drawing to problem solve - working out where the tonal areas are, or following only the stiching so to understand the shape as a whole. This meant the outcomes are rather abstract, though it may not be clear what it is of, I find it does represent how I was viewing the coat. It was helpful just sitting and drawing for an extended period of time, focusing solely on the subject, I found it enabled me to really try and understand what was in front of me an concentrate on communicating what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment