Tuesday 12 May 2015

making a box

I wanted to actually make a sort of slipcase for the front cover, just to get an idea of how it would look if on an actual book, here's the net I made:



Making the case turned out to be a lot harder than i thought it would:


I don't have much patience with making stuff like this so the sides were quite uneven, the glue wouldn't hold so I had to use masking tape and I didn't take into account the thickness of the card so the net was slightly too small:


But once it was all glued on it didn't look too bad, just a bit scruffy round the corners. I only did it so I could get an idea of how it would physically look but once I placed it with all the other printed products, they all really came together as a pack, it actually looked pretty professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment