Friday 8 May 2015

bookmarks

I'm running a bit out of time so had to quickly design the bookmarks, I originally wanted to make 4 but it's decreased to 2 because I haven't got time. I was a bit stuck with the composition, this was my first try:


I wanted the head to be the main focus and just to have a few plants around the side, but this look too unorganised. I tried it again but with making an actual pattern with the plants an shells:


These work a lot better, the design pattern is simple and in monochrome so to not take focus away from the objects at the top. I think the idea of having the head and shell poke out from the book work well as it draws attention to the main motifs within the book. I was planning to also work with the motifs of the glasses and fire but I didn't have time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment