Tuesday 29 October 2013

studio brief 1 final


For my final I decided to go with the idea of splattering watered down ink onto the canvas the figure is painting. I was worried that my idea wouldn't translate very well when enlarging the scale but I think it has worked well, though the body is bigger; the arms are still long enough to communicate the idea of frantic movements.
Unfortunately | was ill on the day of the critique so could not recieve any feedback. I feel that this piece does convy the idea of an artistic, eccentric figure who is painting, although I think it would have worked better if the figure was smaller, so that it appears more dwaved by him frantic arms. Also, I should have used better stock, as the paper warped slightly when I spalttered the ink which makes it look unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment