Friday 24 January 2014

material development

When I used gold leaf before on my scanned in illustrations I felt that it didn't work very well, because the shine wasn't communicated as well as I would have liked.
So I had planned to apply the gold leaf directly onto the final illustrations once they had been printed out on the book pages.

But after going to the print room and seeing the paper I would have to print out on to if I was going to print double sided, it was quite thin, and I don't thin would work well with the gold leaf and glue.
I decided to apply it onto my original illustrations once I had done them all and then print them out, but I thought I had better try it out first.


But again I don't feel the shine is translated very well through the scanner. 

Also I don't feel the illustrations need it anymore, I think it actually takes away from the detail I have gone into with the watercolour. 

So I'm not going to use the gold leaf anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment