Thursday 9 January 2014

change of direction

my original aims:
- it was always to do an in depth exploration of the fish pattern and texture
- find out about the different uses of fish skins, how they use them for their survival etc. 
- book would be more of an information manual about the nature of the skins

After all my visits to fish mongers and markets I felt the direction change, as my interests were not in the uses of the fish skins, but rather the beauty in the dead fish.

new aims:
- dead fish are usually overlooked and dismissed as rather gruesome, their skin isn't often explored for its beauty
- but looking through all my photos of them you can't help but be intrigued by the mass of different patterns and colours, the way they are so shiny even when dead and headless. 
- so now I want to use what I have been doing with the watercolour to explore and communicate the beauty that I see in the dead fish

No comments:

Post a Comment