Tuesday 14 January 2014

final illustration development


This one will be used for a double page spread; I really like how this one has turned out, the colours have come out well and I don't feel the fact that there is more going on takes away from the quality of the fish. This is quite different from what I originally set out to do - close ups of fish scales, but I think it will work if I infiltrate the illustrations of close up detail with a few of these mass fish pieces. 

 I did some more experiments mixing watercolour with the gold leaf, I think just having the shine of the leaf rather than a big block of it will work well with the paint. I think I will have to apply the leaf directly onto the original drawings and scan in rather than apply onto the finished prints, because of the paper I will have to use for the double sided printing, is quite thin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment