Monday 14 March 2016

dinosaur composition


I really enjoyed making this scene - I was making a lot of dinosaur digitally but I was getting pretty bored so went back to handmade cut outs and it was way more enjoyable and has turned out a lot more interesting I feel as I was playing around with layering and not making it perfect or really detailed. 
The colour palette really worked for this piece as well - I think for my final imagery for this project I should definitely keep to some sort of palette. 
It was after doing this that I got the idea for the 'make-a-scene' element of the pack - as I really enjoyed putting together all the dinosaur and setting bits, and I think kids would feel the same if they had all the elements, they could really play around with the setting to create a whole world - especially if it was on a big scale, wall size potentially. 
I think from now on I will do as most of the imagery cut out by hand - but maybe arranged digitally so that it can be moved again later if I change my mind, and it's less time-consuming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment