Wednesday 20 January 2016

chvrches - clearest blue

I listened to the song a few times to get a sense of what the song was about/how I should respond. I want to do something vibrant and energetic for it as it is an upbeat song. It's about two people and love etc. so I might feature a couple somewhere in the design. Some of the lyrics, like 'light, it's all over us' and 'shape by the clearest blue' makes me think of nature and water - maybe a lake or waterfall?

These were my initial ideas:


These are the designs I narrowed it down to:

I want to keep the colour palette bright but also limited and simple. I imagine having quite a dreamlike scene.


I went for the colours purple, yellow, orange - they are vibrant but also have a sense of calm about them. I added some layering to the trees to make them less flat - which also gives a screen printed effect which I like. 




I tried out different background using photos of the solar system to make it more of a collage, but I thought it would all fit better if it was all my own textures, the photo looks a bit out of place. 




 I added a sun, I gave it layers but I'm not sure it works - I can't get the composition right. It needs something in the sky but the sun looks out of place. 



I added some highlights, the second image works better around the sun but I still don't think the sun works. I might leave it for a bit and come back to it with fresh eyes. Maybe if it was bigger and setting - like the example above, but with less layers. 
I like the ideas I had for this song so I might try out some of my other compositions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment