Thursday 21 January 2016

chvrches 2

I tried out another of my designs which I think came out looking pretty good. I went for the idea with the river under the mountains, with the couple on the boat. 



I started off with mountains like my last attempt, but I think it needed more depth, so I added some lighter ones which has worked well.  

I made the couple cuddling on the boat, it definitely adds more of a romantic element to the image


I added plants and trees with highlights and layering to keep adding to the depth - it is meant to be quite a flat composition but with a sense of depth


I had some trouble with the water splash - I wanted to make it look like there is movement with the boat but I didn't know how much of the brush I should use as I didn't want to take attention from the rest of the image, I want it to be subtle


In in end I only had a bit of splash but added lighter bits to the river. I think the yellow parts of the mono print texture in the blue works well to create idea of depth in the water. Also the addition of the red trees makes the image less flat. I'm really pleased with this design, it is different to the colour palettes I usually use, it is much brighter, but I think it has worked well and relates to the upbeat, bubbly, electronic song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment