Tuesday 28 April 2015

group tutorial

I was feeling a bit stuck as I want sure if my latest illustrations were the style I wanted to go forward with, there is still something not right about them. We had a group tutorial and I said how I wasn't too sure about my drawings, but that I did really like my earlier skecthbook work:


There is something about them which has a rawness I really like which is so relevant to the feel of the book, but I don't think  have been able to re-create that. These drawings were not focused on quotes they were just skecthes in relation to the book. So Eleanor suggested I go back to just drawing in relation to the book rather than quotes, and maybe try and involve some of the recognisable motifs like glasses or the pigs head. She also got me to think about the inside illustrations as often in paperback book the illustrations are in black and white so I should try out mine in the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment