Saturday 15 March 2014

postcards development

After doing some thumbnails I changed my mind quite a bit on what cities to do, as I wanted the postcards to all link in someway with their content. 

I then had the idea of depicting scenes of familiar rivers in cities which I thought could connect well together.






Started looking at some different cities:
- Brugge
- Saint Petersburg
- Venice
- London
As they all have some recognisable river scenes.






After having a feedback crit I got feedback suggesting I could;
- maybe experiment with scenes involving people
- should develop my ideas further, play more with composition and colour
- try and communicate a certain atmosphere within the illustrations
- if all postcards are involving a river, maybe try compose each one so that the river in each all links into each other; which I think will be a nice touch to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment