Saturday 15 March 2014

change of composition ideas

I decided that what I wanted to depict, with the whole scenes of rivers was going to be too complicated for the short amount of time I had, when I still hadn't got to grips with illustrator either.

So I have moved away from the rivers idea, and am now focusing on specific buildings that are famous to the cities:
St Petersburg - The Church of the Saviour on Blood

I love the design on this church, though doing the whole thing might get a bit complicated, I think focusing on sections of the detail would be rather effective. 






Brugge - the Belfry of Brugge

This is probably the most recognisable thing in Brugge, I really like the imposing nature of it, will try and incorporate this in my illustration. Also the way it is always lit up at night, making it appear much grander than everything else in the city. 








London - Big Ben

Very recognisable sight for London, might be effective to have all these monuments slightly in the background, but compose it in a way that still draws attention to it. 









Venice - St Mark's Basilica


No comments:

Post a Comment