Saturday 15 March 2014

postcard development

I scanned in some sketches onto illustrator so test out what I could do to my original drawings:


I tried creating the shapes of the tower completely on illustrator, but I found it difficult to be happy with what I had done, as I much prefer hand-drawn lines to digital. 

I found out about the live trace tool, which I tried and was happier with the result. I played around a bit with how I could add colour, and also use the illustrator tools to my advantage.

It took quite a bit of time working out how to use all the layers properly, as I couldn't fill in colour behind the lines for ages but once I worked it all out the process became a lot quicker.








Although I did feel using live trace was cheating slightly, as I wasn't creating the shapes on illustrator, but I was learning how to use illustrator to edit my own drawings which I think will be more relevant to my practise.




No comments:

Post a Comment