Saturday 15 March 2014

final postcards





I am pleased with how they all turned out, I feel they do answer the brief in that they clearly represent a particular city and also link together in someway so that they work as a set. 



I feel the composition for this one is the least strong, the gondola looks too far to the left, but there wasn't enough space to move anywhere else. If I had longer I would work on this one more. 
It also looked very empty in the space between the gondola and the cathedral as it wasn't clear that they were on water. But I think adding the specks of white, though subtle, helps a lot. 






I really like how this one turned out, I think the colours work really well together. I had to play around a bit with the composition of the sun and towers but I think this works well. 
Although I like how the colours work together, I don't think the represent St Petersburg very well, this looks more like a postcard for India or somewhere similar. 
Also, all the other postcards are shades of blue, this one seems like the odd one out, so they might have looked better if they were either all different colours or all the same but different shades. 


I feel like I probably should have worked harder to make more of it on illustrator, so that I could have learnt more about the tools available to me. But I do feel like I managed to keep a bit of my 'style' within these pieces which I like, and I do feel like I have been able to use illustrator in a way I would be more likely to use in future practise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment