Wednesday 22 October 2014

OUIL503 - a creative response

3 briefs I am interested in maybe taking on:

PENGUIN DESIGN AWARD

http://www.penguin.co.uk/static/cs/uk/0/minisites/penguindesignaward/index.php

I love looking at book cover design, I feel it is a really good skill to be able to capture the themes and the feel of the book just from the cover, while also making it eye-catching in a book shop. I'm very interested in narrative illustration, and so this is a way into that, while also being able to learn how to manipulate my work to fit a format I am not used to working with - a book cover.

PROPERCORN

http://www.ycn.org/awards/ycn-student-awards/2014-15-ycn-student-awards/briefs/propercorn

Have admired the 'Propercorn' packaging when seeing it in shops, I love the hand-drawn quality, it makes it quite a unique, memorable packaging. I like the idea of taking illustration off the paper and into an environment, like for a shop window design. I've never done anything like that, so it would be an interesting challenge. 

FOLIO SOCIETY (House of Illustration)

http://competitions.houseofillustration.org.uk/book-illustration-competition-2015/how-to-enter/

Again it would be the chance to work with narrative, which I am very interested in, and for this I would actually be taking elements from the text to work from and illustrate. I have looked at the Folio Society a lot and really love their illustrated books so it would be exciting to have the chance to be a part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment