Tuesday 27 October 2015

war horse sketches

I started creating imagery for 'War Horse', I didn't really know how to start so I stepped back a bit and just focused on themes within the book that I could take imagery from such as WW1, poppies, trenches, guns, barbed wire
I was really happy with how these turned out, especially the poppies/soldiers walking; I think the colour palette and textures worked well to create a quite gritty yet emotional feel to them. I'm not too good at drawing horses, but that will just take practice. I'm focusing more on the landscapes and scenery at the moment so that I can get more of a feel of the themes/atmosphere that I need to create, but I am enjoying it more than I thought I would!

- did not carry on with this brief due to time constraints

No comments:

Post a Comment